A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
What temperature do you cook a stuffed turkey?
When cooking a stuffed turkey, the temperature should read 165°F in the stuffing, 170°F in the breast, and 175°F in the thigh. Note that after removing the turkey from the oven, the temperature of the meat will rise about 5°F.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
If your turkey weighs 8 to 12 pounds, roast it at: 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
10. Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature
- 425°F for 2¼ to 2½ hours.
- 400°F for 2½ to 2¾ hours.
- 350°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
10 нояб. 2020 г.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey covered or uncovered?
Roast uncovered, or loosely covered with foil. If you choose to baste your turkey, limit the number of times you open and close your oven (once per hour is sufficient). Turkey is cooked when the meat thermometer reads 170°F (77°C) for an unstuffed turkey, or 180°F (82°C) for a stuffed turkey and the juices run clear.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound Butterball?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
19 нояб. 2011 г.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
This table from the USDA is based on a 325°F oven, and a fully defrosted or fresh bird. (For an unstuffed bird, we’re talking roughly 15 minutes per pound.)
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Should I cover my turkey with foil? Roasting a turkey with heavy duty aluminum foil is a method that helps lock in moisture to prevent drying out while in the oven. It’s an easy step to help ensure your turkey is tender and moist for dinner.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
When it comes to cooking turkey, convection ovens cook the Thanksgiving bird more quickly (about 30% faster) and evenly than standard ovens. … Since convection ovens take less time to cook turkey, you should set them for a lower temperature than you would a regular oven.
Do you cover a turkey in the oven?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
Should you put water in turkey roasting pan?
Add about a half-inch of liquid (water or stock) to the roasting pan. This will keep the oven moist, and the turkey juicy. This aromatic liquid can be used to baste the turkey while it cooks (there is a debate whether basting does anything, but it’s part of the tradition).
How does Gordon Ramsay cook a turkey?
Roast the turkey in the hot oven for 10–15 minutes. Take the tray out of the oven, baste the bird with the pan juices and lay the bacon rashers over the breast to keep it moist. Baste again. Lower the setting to 180°C/Gas 4 and cook for about 2 1⁄2 hours (calculating at 30 minutes per kg), basting occasionally.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
Is it safe to cook a thawed stuffed turkey?
It should NOT be thawed, because bacteria can develop in the stuffing while the turkey thaws.
How many minutes per pound do you cook a turkey?
The general rule is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of turkey when cooking an unstuffed turkey.