How long should I cook a 23 lb stuffed turkey?
Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
How long do you cook a 23 pound turkey at 325 degrees?
If your turkey weighs 21 to 22 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 4 to 4¼ hours.
- 400°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
- 350°F for 4½ to 4¾ hours.
- 325°F for 4¾ to 5 hours.
10 нояб. 2020 г.
What temperature do you cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Loosely cover with foil if skin is becoming too dark. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The following minimum temperatures must be reached: Thigh 180°F (82°C) / Center of stuffing 165°F (74°C). Allow turkey and stuffing to stand for 15 minutes before carving.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
Put the turkey in the oven at 400°F, uncovered. For the 15 lb turkey, start the cooking at 400°F for the first 20 minutes to brown it. Then reduce the heat to 325°F for the next 1 to 2 hours, until the internal temperature of breast reaches about 140°F to 145°F or so.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
Should I roast my turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound Butterball?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
19 нояб. 2011 г.
How long does it take to cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Your turkey is done when meat thermometer reaches 180° F in thigh and 165° F in center of stuffing. Lift turkey onto platter and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. 7-9 lbs. / 4-4 1/2 hrs.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
This table from the USDA is based on a 325°F oven, and a fully defrosted or fresh bird. (For an unstuffed bird, we’re talking roughly 15 minutes per pound.)
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Always cook your turkey until the skin is a light golden color. Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. Baste your turkey every half hour or so.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
Is it safe to cook a thawed stuffed turkey?
It should NOT be thawed, because bacteria can develop in the stuffing while the turkey thaws.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Should I cover my turkey with foil? Roasting a turkey with heavy duty aluminum foil is a method that helps lock in moisture to prevent drying out while in the oven. It’s an easy step to help ensure your turkey is tender and moist for dinner.
How many minutes per pound do you roast a turkey?
The general rule is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of turkey when cooking an unstuffed turkey.