Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes per kilo. The 5kg bird in this recipe will take about 3 to 3½ hours. Check on your turkey every 20 minutes or so and keep it from drying out by basting it with the lovely juices from the bottom of the pan. After 2½ hours, remove the foil so the skin gets golden and crispy.
How long does it take to cook a 5 kg stuffed turkey?
Roasting times for a stuffed turkey:
10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3 1/2–3 3/4 hours. 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 3/4–4 hours. 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg) 4–5 hours. 20–25 lb (9.0–11.25 kg) 5–6 hours.
Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
What temperature and how long do you cook a stuffed turkey?
Stuffed Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325°F. …
- Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. …
- Place turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow (about 2 inches deep) roasting pan. …
- Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. …
- Remove the foil cover after about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of cooking to brown the skin.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per kg?
General rule of thumb for oven cooking a stuffed turkey at 325° F is 15 minutes per pound (30 minutes per kilogram).
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
Do you cook a turkey covered or uncovered?
Always cook your turkey until the skin is a light golden color. Cover your roasting pan with a lid or foil and cook covered for 2 hours (depending on size of your bird) and uncovered for the remaining time. Baste your turkey every half hour or so.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
165°F is the USDA recommended internal temperature for cooked turkey. The turkey will continue to cook for several minutes after you take it out of the oven, so take it out before the meat reaches those target temperatures.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350 degrees?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
20 авг. 2020 г.
How do you calculate cooking time for a turkey?
For example, let’s calculate the cooking time for a 16 pound turkey. The following chart shows the cook time for turkey when frying 350 °F oil.
How Long Does it Take to Deep-Fry a Turkey?
|Turkey Size||Frying Time|
|4 – 6 lbs||17 – 23 minutes|
|6 – 8 lbs||23 – 29 minutes|
|8 – 12 lbs||29 – 41 minutes|
|12 – 14 lbs||41 – 47 minutes|
Does stuffing a turkey keep it moist?
Cooking your stuffing inside the Thanksgiving turkey gives it an unparalleled flavor and texture. As the bird roasts, its juices are absorbed into the stuffing, resulting in a savory, moist, delicious mixture that’s hard to achieve any other way.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 250 degrees?
At 250 degrees F your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound. At 275 degrees F your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
What temperature should a stuffed turkey be?
For optimal safety and uniform doneness, cook stuffing separately. However, if stuffing a turkey, it’s essential to use a food thermometer to make sure the center of the stuffing reaches a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 °F.
How often do I baste a turkey?
The short answer is no — basting isn’t required when the goal is to roast a beautiful, juicy turkey. The main theory behind basting is to ensure moist and tender meat, usually by spooning pan juices over the roasting turkey.