Put 6 eggs in a pot that’s big enough to hold 12 eggs and add cold tap water to the pot until the eggs are covered by 1-inch of water. Put the pot on a burner over high heat until the water comes to a boil. Set a timer for your desired doneness (see times above), and turn off the heat.
How long does it take to cook 6 eggs?
Put the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot with the lid. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for the following times according to the desired doneness: 3 minutes for SOFT boiled; 6 minutes for MEDIUM boiled; 12 minutes for HARD boiled.
How long does it take to soft boil 6 eggs?
Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and use skimmer to gently and slowly add the eggs to the water. Then, turn the heat back up to a boil. Set a timer and cook the eggs for 6-7 minutes for soft boiled eggs and 12-14 minutes for hard boiled eggs.
What are the 6 ways to cook an egg?
6 Ways to Cook Eggs
- SOFT BOILED. Cookware: Pot. Preperation: Cover eggs with cold water, bring to boil, cover, shut off heat and let sit for 2-8 minutes. …
- HARD BOILED. Cookware: Pot. …
- POACHED. Cookware: Sauté Pan. …
- SUNNY SIDE UP. Cookware: Skillet. …
- OVER EASY. Cookware: Skillet. …
- Scrambled. Cookware: Nonstick Skillet.
How much time it will take to boil 4 eggs?
The boiling time depends on your desired outcome. Add eggs to boiling water and boil them for approximately 7–13 minutes. Choose a shorter cooking time for a softer yolk.
How long do you boil an egg for hard?
Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot and turn the heat off. Let the eggs cook for 9 to 12 minutes, depending on your desired done-ness (see photo). Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill for 14 minutes.
How long does it take to scramble eggs?
Microwave on Medium-High (70% power) for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 1 minute and 45 seconds, stirring several times during cooking. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving. Eggs will look slightly moist, but will finish cooking upon standing.
How long should I boil an egg for runny yolk?
- Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Make sure your eggs aren’t fridge cold. …
- Set your timer for 4-5 mins for runny/dippy eggs to serve with soldiers, or 6-7 mins for soft-boiled eggs for a salad.
How long should I boil two eggs?
Bring the water up to a boil, then lower it to a rapid simmer. Add the eggs to the pot, and then begin timing. If you’re just cooking one or two eggs, five minutes is perfect for a runny yolk, or cook as long as seven minutes for a more firmly set, but still spoonable, yolk.
How long boil cold eggs?
Once the water comes to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and remove the pan from the heat. Do not lift the lid. Set a timer for the type of boiled egg you want, from 4 minutes to 12 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
Are there 100 ways to cook an egg?
Eggs can be boiled, scrambled, poached, baked, basted, fried, shirred, coddled, pickled (as in quail eggs) and used to make omelets, frittatas, and soufflés. Eggs go into cake batters, quiches, breakfast burritos and are used to make mayonnaise and hollandaise.
Are brown eggs healthier than white?
There is no nutritional difference between brown and white eggs. However, a hen’s diet and environment can affect an egg’s nutrition.
What is the easiest way to cook an egg?
11 Simple (and Delicious) Ways to Cook Eggs
- Baked. Baking is an easy way to get the most from your eggs with minimal effort. …
- Fried. Fried eggs are an American classic. …
- Scrambled. Break eggs into a bowl, whisk and add salt and pepper. …
- Over easy. Break eggs directly into a hot skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. …
- Over medium. …
- Over hard. …
- Omelets. …
How do you know when boiled eggs are done?
Tip: Just place the egg on a hard surface, like the counter, and spin it like a top. As it’s spinning, grab it with your fingers ever-so-briefly and immediately let go. If it keeps spinning, it’s raw. If it stops dead, it’s boiled.
How do you boil eggs at home?
- Put water in a saucepan, and gently put eggs in a single layer. …
- Once the water boils, lower heat but keep the water boiling (but don’t let the eggs jumping around) for the next 12 minutes.
- Discard the hot water and run under cold water.
- When eggs are almost cool, they are ready to peel.
10 дек. 2012 г.