Calculate your cooking time for medium-rare with 20 mins per 500g, or for medium use 25 minutes per 500g. For beef on or off the bone cook it at 240C/220C fan/gas 9 for 20 minutes, then turn down to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 (not forgetting to take this 20 minutes off the timing you have just calculated).
How do you cook a 600g roast beef?
Roast the Perfect Joint
To roast a whole joint preheat the oven to 180°C/160° fan/gas 4 and weigh the joint (with any stuffing, if using) in order to calculate the cooking time. Place in the centre of the oven; Rare – cook for 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes. Medium – cook for 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes.
How long do I cook 600g of beef?
Weigh the joint in order to calculate the cooking time. If you like rare beef cook the joint for 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes, for a medium result cook the meat for 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes and for a well done joint cook it for 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes.
How do you cook a 500g steak?
Place the seared meat in your warmed roasting tray and place in the oven for 12 minutes per 500g (divide the weight of your steak by 500, then multiply the answer by 12). 6. When the cooking time is over, remove from the oven tent with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
How do you cook 800g of topside beef?
For rib, topside or top rump joints
- Seal the joint in a hot pan for 3-4 minutes over a high heat before transferring to the oven.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and allow:
- 20 minutes per 500g plus 20 minutes (for rare)
- 25 minutes per 500g plus 20 minutes (for medium)
- 30 minutes per 500g plus 20 minutes (for well-done)
How do I cook a beef roast without drying it out?
Here’s what I do: I put a rack in the bottom of a roasting pan. Then I place the roast (no rubs or seasonings) on the rack and cover it with a lid. I put it in the oven at 400° for 15 or 20 minutes, then turn it down to 325° and roast for 30 minutes per pound. All it does is end up tough, chewy, and well-done.
How do you cook beef so it’s tender?
8 Simple Ways to Make Tough Meat Tender
- Physically tenderize the meat. For tough cuts like chuck steak, a meat mallet can be a surprisingly effective way to break down those tough muscle fibers. …
- Use a marinade. …
- Don’t forget the salt. …
- Let it come up to room temperature. …
- Cook it low-and-slow. …
- Hit the right internal temperature. …
- Rest your meat. …
- Slice against the grain.
26 янв. 2018 г.
What temperature should I cook beef?
The USDA recommends steaks and roasts be cooked to 145°F (medium) and then rested for at least 3 minutes. To ensure food safety, ground beef should be cooked to a minimum 160°F (well done). Be sure to check with a thermometer, as color alone is not a foolproof indicator.
Should you cover beef with foil when roasting?
Roast your beef, uncovered, to the desired doneness. After removing from the oven, tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. … Roasts weighing over 8 pounds should be loosely covered halfway through roasting to avoid over-browning.
Should I cover beef when roasting?
Note: Cooking a small roast at high heat helps to sear the exterior, which provides a flavorful brown crust and tender meat on the inside. Place the beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan with the fat side up. Do not cover the roast and do not add any liquid (liquid is used for braising, not roasting).
How do you cook a steak step by step?
- Step 1: Season the steak in advance. Taste of Home. …
- Step 2: Dry the surface and let the steaks come to room temperature. Taste of Home. …
- Step 3: Preheat and get ready to grill. Taste of Home. …
- Step 4: Move the steak to high heat. Taste of Home.
2 июл. 2020 г.
How long do I cook a steak for medium?
Cook a 2cm-thick piece of steak for 2-3 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium, and 5-6 minutes each side for well-done. Turn the steak only once, otherwise it will dry out. Always use tongs to handle steak as they won’t pierce the meat, allowing the juices to escape.
How do you properly cook a steak?
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following…
12 февр. 2016 г.
How long does 1kg of topside beef take to cook?
Season and oil generously. Brown in a 220°C/Gas 7 oven for 20 mins, then turn down to 160°C/Gas 3 and add a little water to the pan. Cook for 20 mins per 500g (add/subtract 15 mins for well done/rare). Wrap in foil and leave somewhere warm to rest for at least 15 mins before carving.
What temperature do you cook topside to?
Also, a meat thermometer should read 40℃ (104°F) for rare (it will rise to 54-56℃ /129-132 °F), medium-rare, as it sits), 48℃ (118°F) for medium (it will rise to 65℃ /149°F).
How long should you cook topside beef for?
Roast topside of beef
- Serves 12.
- 2 hours.